Monday, February 1, 2010

Why hello there!

I guess this is my first blog... not quite sure what to write.
I know I should be asleep so I won't be dead for my class >.<
Especially since I am doing a huge project!

I guess I can fill up some space and talk about that.

So right now in my painting class our project is "Identity".
We can use whatever material we want.
Pretty much we need to show an identity of ourselves in the project... wow... I am terrible with english.
It can be realist, historical, or imaginary.

I am one of those people who believe in reincarnation and past lives. I have had several.
My last one I believe I was a gay japanese male. Weird, but as my blogs go on you may see why. Haha.

So pretty much I am making myself into a japanese guy! (might sneak the gay thing at
some point, but let's make it simple)
I am still figuring out how to do it. Last week I practiced photo transfers onto water color paper and raw canvas. I am hoping to put a photo of myself and then some how transform myself into a guy.

Here is the transfer onto raw canvas.
How I transfered it was using the all natural cleaning product Citra-Solv.
I first used a lazer printed photo of myself then placed the pigment side down on
to the raw canvas. After that I poured the Citra-Solv down onto the back of the photo and lightly dabbed it and smoothed it down. Then let it sit for a while until it is absorbed into the raw canvas.

I hope for the actually painting (which by the way will be 50 by 60 inches) works
out!

Well I am done for tonight. Next blog I may explain more stuff, or just start anew! Who needs to dwell on the past! haha.

<3>

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I did a shameless Citra-Solv plug a few weeks ago, too...my mom insisted I try the NatGeo paper thing, and it came out pretty well.

    Yayy blogs!

    ReplyDelete