Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh Alice!

So this year I am pretty much obsessed with Alice in Wonderland (as you can tell by my Blog Title)
I have always loved the story but some reason this year the passion is bigger!!
My x-roomate and I bought alice in wonderland dolls (they are very anime-esk and girl versions.)
I got Alice and she got the Mad Hatter.
this is with my alice in wonderland book V



For halloween I dressed up as Alice (but an evil/porcelain doll alice)
I have made 2 paintings involving Alice.




Got a couple of shirts for x-mas and other accessories.
Reading mangas with the Alice in Wonderland
Plus super ecstatic for the new Tim Burton Alice In Wonderland!!!

Personally Alice is my favorite character. Many don't like her though because she can tend to be annoying... but I don't know... I really like the concept of her. Plus I have made up my own version of her.
From reading a book and listening to a song.
Book: Nightlife (Cal Leandros, #1) by Rob Thurman

Find out more about the book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/421007.Nightlife
At one point in the book the main character hears some type of singing coming from a mirror. He mentions it's like Alice is trying to reach out to him. Sadly I don't have the book to quote. But at one point he see the monster in the mirror. I loved the details.

Song: Still Doll Kanon Wakeshima (A japanese song that is the opening for the very popular anime series "Vampire Knight")
This is the english translation:
Hi Miss Alice
With your glass eyes
What kind of dream
Can you see?
Are you fascinated with?

Stilll
My heart tears
And drifts
Stuck in the patched crevices
Are memories

Hi Miss Alice
With that fruitful lips
To whom does love
Is cast away?
Is lamented?

Already
I spin my words
Feverish tongue
Has turned cold
The song to love
Can't be sung either

Still you do not answer


I love this song. And the music video is incredible as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWUxZ7LIUss

With this, it's like Alice is still trapped.

Pretty much my theory is Alice might have actually never escaped from Wonderland. She is still wondering around and now has become a monster. My image of her is like a porcelain doll. Her eyes though are monstrous (where the white is it's now black and the iris is yellow) and all her teeth are like sharp, deadly fangs. (I got this image from the book).
I brought this idea to life for halloween. (except for the eyes, that would've been impossible!)


It was a lot of fun doing the make up and wearing big doll lashes. Sadly the lighting is terrible in the shot. And my teeth fell apart T.T but this is the idea.

The reason I started this post was because today I saw a new commercial for the Alice in Wonderland movie!!
And it made me fall in love with it more!! I can't wait!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM4JiJ6B2I

I love that it's actually her as a teenager, and that she has returned! I had no clue till today. It's going to be even better than I thought.
Version with Johnny Depp interview that I saw on TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9ZK-FBuq28

And I have been reading all the Alice In Wonderland mangas.
Boy Alice in Wonderland ((this one is ok, but still like it. it's a little weird. and yes there is shounen-ai. aka. BL))
Are You Alice? ((this one is really awesome and little more horror. just how I like it))
Alice Turn Back Clock
Alice in Underground
Alice Unlimited Wonderland

And my favorite right now.... Heart no Kuni no Alice
I didn't know though this one actually is an Otome Game. I just found this on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7PL-nilAQs
It makes me sooo happy! Though I will never be able to play it since it will probably remain only in Japan T.T
So I will enjoy my manga version of it and hope for it to become an anime!!!
((where to read these mangas go to www.mangafox.com ))

So I believe this is my longest blog so far. But I had a lot of fun with it.
You will probably see more of Alice stuff in the future on this! But for now this is the sum up of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment