Thursday, February 11, 2010

Infrared CS4 Testing

I am in the need of purchasing an IR camera! I am going to enter in a student art contest and want to present photography.
Laurie Klein, a photographer who I am very close friends with, uses an IR camera.
http://lauriekleinphotography.blogspot.com/
Check out her blog!

Let me actually take a moment out to talk about my experience with Laurie Klein:
I've always loved photography. I took a class in my high school but there wasn't much hands on learning to use the camera. The teacher told us to shoot, but they weren't there by my side to really teach me. I am one of those people who need one on one teaching to actually understand what I am suppose to learn. I met Laurie at one of her mentor exhibits. I saw how incredible the students works are, and knew I had to meet this woman! I personally got to know her, she is a breath of fresh air and truly inspirational. I felt extremely comfortable with her and I knew she understood who I am and what were my needs.
I finally was able to take some classes with her, and that's where I finally learned how to use my camera properly, haha. She also taught me to be braver when photographing models. There is a major difference in my photography since I have met Laurie.
I am now at SVA, and a Fine Arts major. I plan to do mix media art, and incorporate my photography. Thanks to Laurie, she really made me feel confidant in my work and not let go of my camera no matter where life takes me!


That's my little spiel... now on to the topic of this blog, haha.

I love what IR does to photographs and I really want my own.
For the contest we are given a quote and set of rules. For the quote I came up with a great idea, but in order to push it I need the camera.
Incase I can't get the camera in time I have searched online for different methods of manipulating photos in Photoshop CS4 to look like IR photos.
It took several tries, but I finally found the best one. I will keep searching but this one works the best.
http://www.digiretus.com/tippek/cikkiro.php?SORSZAM=6

Here are some of my photos I manipulated using this method.

Canon Power Shot G9


Canon Power Shot G9


Canon 50D


Canon Power Shot G9


Canon Power Shot G9


Canon 50D


Canon 50D


I prefer the quality of the real camera, but hey, this was fun to test around with.
But this was fun anyways!
Cross your fingers that I get the real thing!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Laurie and her friend my dream has finally come true!!

    I am now the owner of a Canon 20D Infrared Converted!!

    I will be getting it by next weekend. I can't to use it! It's my new baby!

    Part of my collection. Canon Power Shot G9 and Canon 50D!!

    Oh, I do love Canon!!

    ReplyDelete